COVID-19 has made telehealth an essential component of dermatological care. The sudden shift to virtual care has left many dermatology practices scrambling to figure out the best way to handle their Accutane patients online.
Other practices have turned to HealthLens for help.
HealthLens is the only store-and-forward telemedicine platform with an integrated Accutane workflow for managing isotretinoin patients with telehealth. The entire workflow is simplified down to a four-step process that is easy for both female and male patients to follow.
How It Works
- The patient submits an online visit with acne photos and history of present illness (HPI).
- The dermatologist recommends isotretinoin and uses HealthLens’ file-sharing tool to send the patient the required iPledge guide & consent forms. Male patients also receive a lab slip at this point.
- The patient submits a second online visit with the completed forms & other information required by their doctor. Female patients submit a photo of their home pregnancy test.
- The dermatologist registers the patient with iPledge.
- If the patient is female, the dermatologist again uses HealthLens’ file-sharing tool to send them a lab slip for the required blood work due in 30 days.
- For male patients, the doctor prescribes isotretinoin with instructions for starting the medication through Healthlens’ integrated eRx tool.
- Female patients submit a third online visit with a statement acknowledging they have completed the required lab work and iPledge questions 30 days after the second online visit.
- The dermatologist uses HealthLens’ eRx tool to prescribe isotretinoin to the female patient with instructions for starting the medication.
- Every 30 days, the patient submits an online follow-up visit so their dermatologist can update their iPledge status and issue a refill. Female patients include a photo of their home pregnancy test with their clinical photos.
- HealthLens’ Automated Follow-Up feature allows the physician to schedule an online follow-up with just a click.
HealthLens’ integrated Accutane workflow eliminates the stress of managing your isotretinoin patients online. In fact, many dermatologists report that it is easier to manage their isotretinoin patients on HealthLens than in their office.